Thursday, December 23, 2010
Above is one of several pieces of mountain or hill terrain I created this week. A 28mm figure is shown with the piece for scale purpose. This was really quite easy to make, taking a total of about 30 minutes each.
1) I carved the shapes out of pink insulation foam using a hot blade and glued them together into several layer.
2) I base coated in dark brown acrylic paint. Only certain spray paint can be used on the foam as it will melt if exposed to most aerosol paint.
3) Dry brush rocks with gray acrylic paint.
4) Coat grassy areas with PVA glue and liberally apply terrain flock.
5) Seal with dull coat or matte spray to seal.