Search This Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Spartacon 2011 Part Two

I will start off part two with some general overview pictures.  Attendance was around 150 people and there were plenty of games being run over three sessions during the day.


 


54mm Skirmish using Songs of Drums and Shakos.


Vietnam in 20mm.  This was an interesting game in which I participated as part of the American forces.  As part of my role in the game, I was a "short timer" who was scheduled to leave 'Nam five days from now.  Thus at the beginning of each turn, I had to roll a 20 sided die to see if I would follow my orders for the turn or just hold position and bunker down.  1-10 I stayed, 11-20 and I would move forward to located the enemy.



Americans investigate a building near the rice paddy.


A second squad is dropped in support.


Vietcong lay in ambush and an intense firefight begins.

A second ambush!


Third platoon locates a bunker.  Call in an air-strike!


Wounded are extracted after the intense fighting.



Moving on, below are some images of the number of different hex based games that were present at the con.  There were Civil war, Roman, and WW2 games played using hex based terrain.










Finally, another shot of one of the most beautiful boards from the day.








No comments:

Post a Comment